Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Surreal Wednesday

Two Wednesdays ago was one of the most surreal days of my life. I was due yesterday. I should have had a one day old today, but instead I have a two week old. Despite all my thoughts and plans, my water broke on Wednesday, October 21, at midnight. I spent that night in a delivery room receiving penicillin through an IV and delivered a healthy baby girl around 10:40 a.m. Then I spent the next week trying to comprehend that I was holding the baby in my arms instead of my womb.

In honor of that surreal day in late October, we will begin celebrating Surreal Wednesdays. Today's surreal moment:

Meggie meets Starbucks.

You buy the kid one apple juice in a red holiday cup and suddenly she's too grown up to even come in the house when she's told.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

Love that kid!