Friday, November 20, 2009

+1

Today marks the day when the number of my November posts has officially surpassed the largest annual total of my blogs. I'm not certain if I deserve a pat on the back or gasps of horror. Clearly I've been slacking up to now. Still, I must say I'm pretty proud of myself.

{I would like to accept this pat on behalf of all of FWM's faithful readers. And I need to thank Dear Writer Friend and NaBloPoMo. Without them, I would have posted about six times in 2009.}

This +1 Day begs the question: what will happen when November ends? One thing is certain, I won't feel pressure to write. Another thing feels almost certain, I won't write as much. But will I write? My track record suggests that it will be January or February before I post again. I don't want that, but that has too often been my reality. So how to change? How to become who I am?

I've been wondering this for years, since Dear Writer Friend and I first started meeting to discuss who we are and how to become that person. I came across a tiny card recently; it was sent to me by DWF, and it reminded me that greatest intentions mean nothing. It's not merely pursuing a dream or intending to dare. It's facing reality and becoming who I am. Who I was made to be.

So, Dear and Faithful Readers. I am a lover of words. I am a writer. +1 is only the beginning.


1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hi Rebekah! Have been really enjoying your blog posts. Your most recent made me think of this somewhat related quote, "Everyone who showers has ideas. It's the one who dries off and does something about it that makes the difference." - N. Bushnell
All this to say, go for it girl! :)