Saturday, November 07, 2009

Providence and the Lovely Day

What a beautiful day we enjoyed today!

It all began with Addison waking for the first time at 4:00 a.m. (which Beau paid for as she didn't actually go to sleep until 2:30 a.m.!). Next, the other girls didn't wake up until a bit after 7:00, and we had family snuggle time in our bed. Then on to breakfast and a visit from good friends. I brought the girls to meet my mom for overnight at "Gamma & Gampa's" and headed to the grocery store with Addie.

Then the real fun began.

Addie and I went to USA Baby where they had great sales, and I had a coupon for 20% off the sale price. Yay for the new "youth chair" that will save me about three years before I need to buy another dining room chair. Does it get any better?! Oh, yes. It does.

On to Barnes & Noble--the new two-story mecca at Woodland Mall--with a generous gift card burning a hole in my pocket. Alas, it was for spending on the girls and not on me, but still! The girls now each own (well, after I write in them and make the presentation) their own copy of Little Women, for Christmas they will own There is a Monster at the End of This Book, and Addie is the happy recipient of To Kill a Mockingbird. Oh, yes. She is happy about it.

And STILL, can it get better? YES!

Target = gift card. Woo-hoo! (We should have had babies long ago!!) The gift card wasn't enough to buy the baby gate we need/want, so I got to spend it on other things. Addie has a little chime thingy (in a nonoffensive volume and tone) for her carseat, we have cupboard locks for the "Meggie cup/Addie bottle" cupboard that Meggie LOVES to rearrange--all over the kitchen floor!, and the tub toys are about to meet their organizational match.

Even better, I happened to be in the onesie aisle at the same time as a lovely couple was approaching the aisle in the midst of their discussion about not being able to find a maternity winter coat. I have one. I don't need it. I want to sell it. Give me your email, dear soon-to-be Mommy.

Photos and description sent. Hopefully money and goods will be exchanged next week. Ah, what a lovely day of Providence, coupons, and gift cards. Oh, and sunshine and breeze and relaxing. So far I love November.

1 comment:

Kevin said...

There wasn't a monster at the end of this blog post!