Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Things I Think I Think #1-17

Several random thoughts on my mind today, so I thought I'd share them all.  Because I'm crazy like that.

*EDIT: part way through my list I decided to number these.  Maybe when I have too many random thoughts and nothing concrete enough to create a real post I can add on to my list.  Then, by the end of the year, maybe we'll end up with 100 random things I think.  Won't that be fun?

1. One of my favorite quotes from the Bible is when the angel of the Lord finds Gideon hiding in the threshing room and says, "Rise up, Mighty Warrior."  I've felt like that.

2. I cannot wait to start reading the next book on my list: The Meaning of Matthew, by Judy Shepard.  It's the story of Matthew Shepard.  I wish we were further along in his fight than we are.

3. There is no way I'd work out at 5:15 a.m. every morning if my friend, Leah, wasn't either picking me up or expecting me to pick her up.

4. It shouldn't be so hard for me to remember to write down a Kairos or a grateful moment every day, but I'm always behind on my list.

5. One of today's Kairos moments is happening right now: my three girls are playing me and some of my friends/family members.  I love it when the one playing Julie calls me, "Beck."

6. I don't like making dinner for my family each night.  That's probably one of the reasons I often suggest that we eat out.  Since that isn't so helpful to my budget or my waistline, I should scale back on it.  But the chicken pot pie on the menu tonight just is not calling my name.

7. I love, love, love politics, but I hate how politicky it gets.  Maybe it would be better to say I love government and hate politics.

8. So far this year I have scored a free Kindle 3G and a free iPhone 3GS (on its way to me today).  That's the mark of some pretty good friends and family.

9. It makes me smile to chat with my friends on Twitter when we could just text, email, or Facebook message.  Ah, technology.  (Welcome to Twitter, Jillian!)  If you're there, you should follow me.  Then we can chat there instead of in person, too.

10. While we're on the subject, it also makes me smile to read what celebrities write on Twitter and pretend that Adam Levine, Peter Alexander, Alison Sweeney, and Jason Segel really are talking to me.  But it makes me sad to see how desperately other people seem to wish they were talking to them.

11. When I don't start my morning out reading the Bible, I'm a bitch.  There, I said it.  'Cause it's true.

12. I would watch episodes of Hawaii Five-0 over and over again.  No matter how many times I've seen them.  The same is not true for Dora the Explorer.

13. I really should get up and finish that chicken pot pie.  And fold the laundry.  Probably not at the same time.

14. I'm hoping the pain currently shooting through my left hand is simply a result of holding it wrong while I worked out this morning and not indicative of something more serious.  Like carpal tunnel.  Unless that means I can't make dinner anymore.

15. One of my favorite things to do is add books to my Goodreads list.  I love it.  It's like window shopping.  There is so much possibility in all the books on my shelves.  Even though I'm sure I'll need the first half of eternity to read them all.

16. I would happily pay $10 to sit through 90 minutes of previews at Celebration Cinema.  (See the Goodreads list for my thoughts on possibilities.)

17. For the life of me I cannot understand why a presidential election is the only time we would consider hiring someone over 65 for a job.  Seriously.  Retire.  Don't go for a new career--especially one that's going to age you several years.  Unless you have a really great VP candidate that we maybe wouldn't elect on our own.

No comments: