Tuesday, January 10, 2012

One Week

So it's been one week since we started 2012.  That's an appropriate time for an assessment of how I'm doing meeting my goals so I know if I need to kick it in gear or revise anything that might be a bit over the top.

* Physically - I have been doing much better with my food.  There have been many days when I have not eaten what I was craving, because I put it off long enough that I forgot about it.  I did have a hamburger on Sunday, but it was only after choosing salads and healthier foods for four days instead of the burger I wanted.  Also, I worked out at 5:15 a.m. Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday; took the girls for a (brief) walk on Saturday; and walked 1.8 miles to a friend's house on Sunday.  Not 45 minutes a day, but definitely far better than I had been.  I've been averaging 6-7 hours of sleep a night, so I need to kick that in gear.

* Spiritually - I have read the Bible every day but one and am on track with my KINGDOM Reading Plan.  I've also been praying more regularly (led by Everyday Prayers by Scotty Smith) and have kept (mostly) current on my blessings list.

* Creatively - I finished my first book of the year, The Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness (review to come tomorrow or later today).  I have also blogged every day but one.  I couldn't blog that day, though, because the internet was down.

All in all, I'd say this is going quite well.  As I was getting into bed last night, I thought about how I've "magically" had enough time to do things that I haven't been able to do before.  I thought about my fairly clean house--not even a goal, though it should have been (should probably add doing laundry into the goal list!--the organized playroom, the dishes done, and our morning routine organized.  And then I wondered how I possibly had time to do all of this when I didn't actually gain anything more than one hour in my morning.

Then I thought about how full my DVR is.  Oh.  So that's where I got those extra hours each day . . .

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Keep up the great work Beka! I was happy to see your posts start popping up in my feed again. :)