Tuesday, January 03, 2012

I'll Get By With a Little Help From My Friends

Oh, Tuesday morning, 5:15 came far too early.  Monday nights are always a late night for me, because I can't resist staying up late to get my Scott Caan Hawaii Five-0 fix.  Last night meeting my 2012 goals meant a bit of a late start for my television viewing, and I kept forgetting to fast forward through the commercials.  That all led to me not getting into bed until about 11:30 p.m.  I knew that 5:00 alarm was going to feel like only minutes after my head hit the pillow.

It did.

Thankfully I had a hot date at the gym this morning, and she was picking me up at 5:15 a.m.  I'm grateful that I didn't have a choice to sleep in and just "go later" (ie. not at all) because Leah was going to be waiting in front of my house.  I didn't want her to start honking or anything and waking up the rest of the neighborhood so everyone would know that I slacked off!  And then there was the mutual fear we shared that our friend Eric would show up at the gym at 6:00 a.m. and report to all he knew that we were missing.  (Let me note publicly that we were there, and he was not.)

Chatty Leah and Chatty Beka probably annoyed most of the rest of the gym goers, but it surely made my 35 minutes on the treadmill feel about as short as my night of sleep felt.  And, I have to say, I was actually pretty excited about going to the gym this morning. 

After the gym, I made some tea and did my reading for today and spent some time in prayer.  Three days down.  How many more to make this a habit?  Grateful to have some friends to help me make it there.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Very nice! It's all about the buddy system, baby.

Jaime and Jason said...

Proud of you!!!