Friday, May 18, 2012

Things I Think I Think #62-77

62. I continue to be amazed every time I see Twitter comments that people make to celebrities.  Is it the anonymity of it all or just the access you have that makes you feel tough enough to ridicule, degrade, and denigrate the character of a person you have never met?  For pitching a bad game, leaving one team for another team, or acting in a movie? 

63. Everywhere I look or listen, I keep hearing evidences of the two lessons God is currently teaching me: He is busy in the mundane, and integrity is central to my walk.

64. It turns out I am very impatient . . . with disrespect, ignorance, repeating myself, my circumstances.  Hmm . . . (See #63)

65. I wonder at which point a mommy's kiss isn't effective in chasing away the ache from wounds of all shapes and sizes.  For that matter, when do bandaids stop serving that purpose?  (And are bandaids coated with magic mommy kisses?  Is that why putting one on a sore finger works?)

66. "Boys of Summer" is a great song and the perfect example of a remake surpassing the original (good on you, The Ataris).  Is it just me, or is it totally about baseball?  (Kidding.  But seriously, it makes me think of baseball.)

67. Today I danced to "The Way You Make Me Feel" by Michael Jackson in the bathroom at Jimmy John's.  Then I wondered if it could be possible that there was a camera on me.  Then I remembered it was a bathroom and there would be worse things to catch in there than someone dancing.  Even as badly as I dance.

68. Miley Cyrus's "Party in the U.S.A." makes me smile.  Every time.  And when I get to the "nodding my head, like, yeah; moving my hips, like, yeah" parts, I discover that I am doing exactly that.  It really is a party.

69. If I lived by a Major League Baseball city, I would buy season tickets.  Man, I wish I lived in a Major League Baseball city.

70. Addie is the craziest little person.  She thinks it's her job to take care of everyone in our house.  She also thinks it's her job to be the most stubborn person on earth.

71. For the first time in a long, long time, when someone asked me how I was doing, I said, "I'm great."  And I meant it.  It was shortly after the dancing in the bathroom, so maybe that was part of it.

72. I'm turning 35 in six days, and I'm okay with that.

73. I simply adore all types of potatoes except for twice baked.  Those things creep me out.

74. Watching three movies back to back at the movie theater was a true highlight for me and may be one of the best gifts I've ever received.  (Thanks, Beau and girls!)

75. There is no feeling that can beat watching your husband cross the finish line of a 25K and knowing that he achieved one of the hardest physical goals he set for himself.  It was beautiful.  I cried.

76. Okay, but I do feel like 35 is old.  So is the fact that in 12 days I will have been married for 14 years.  Apparently I'm okay with the feeling old thing.

77. Some day I will drive all the way across the country on back roads.  Preferably in a convertible.  And I will detour to every "World's largest" spot along the way. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I come with you? Will we meet Brad Pitt? Can we skip the cliff bit?

Jaime and Jason said...

This list made me smile I think more then any of your others!!