Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Ready? Commence Breathing

He's back!

I must confess to being relieved. I thought the retirement was premature. I thought he had one of his best seasons last year. I thought they were one pass away from the Super Bowl, and they could do it again this season. They own our division. Sorry, Aaron. They do.

Normally I'm not a fan of people retiring and unretiring. If you're done, then you're done. But this whole thing sounded a bit shady to me from the beginning.

So now what? He doesn't have to be a Packer. I'm okay with that, I guess. They may have a good future in Aaron Rodgers, and I certainly wouldn't want to be Aaron and get thrown back onto the bench. But then what?

Oh, gosh. What if he's a Viking? THEN what would I do?!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

I am glad because I think he's perhaps the greatest of all time...but I am sad because he's going to kick our butts twice a year again! And because well, what a mess. And to me, he HAS TO be a Packer. He IS the Packers to so many. I'd hate to have to hate a Packer in Viking's clothing--but I'd do it if I had to, for my boys in blue.

Meanwhile, can we see that footage of him working out in MS again? Just to, you know, make sure he still looks fit.

Wendy said...

Not so fast--he's not practicing--the drama continues...

A Buc, I can learn to live with. NO VIKINGS.

RMMcDowell said...

Except a Buc we don't get to see as often . . . and we certainly won't get tickets to a Bucs game!

Wendy said...

Uh, you mean the Bucs don't EMBARRASS US as often!

Poor Jeff Garcia. Even Mooch probably loves Brett more.