Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Note to Self

Some days I feel like my entire life is dictated by what I have to do. Do I ever get to have a day where I can do what I want? Nothing more.

Beau said to me yesterday that he wants some say in how we spend our money. Me, too. It's dictated.

Today I'm watching Wild Toddler Boy while I try to squeeze in some work and laundry and cleaning and making dinner. It's the work that gets me. And that's why I have to watch Wild Toddler Boy. Because I need someone to watch Ellie while I'm at work one day a week. It's dictated.

I live in Michigan, when I wish I could greet the morning on the Wild Coast or the Historical Coast, but I have to live here where we have jobs and family and bills to pay. It's dictated.

What would my life be like if it wasn't dictated? Would I be wild? Would I be one who gives voice to dreams, notices little things, and makes otherwise impossible imaginings appear real? Or maybe that's why I want so desperately to be all of that. Because it's not dictated.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I'm sorry to report that bills and time are dictated on this coast too. Actually they are dictators!

Nonetheless, you are one who gives voice to dreams, notices little things, and makes otherwise impossible imaginings appear real...

It's hard to become who we are though, huh?